I was introduced to photography my sophomore year of high school. Since that day I have been hooked. In 1997 I attended The University of the Arts obtaining a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography.
After graduation I worked at some pretty cool studios out in Philadelphia. Acquiring knowledge from established photographers was priceless and increased my confidence. I opened Amber Marie Photography in 2005 and have been dedicated to it ever since.
Amber Marie Photography has been up and running now for almost 10 years and I couldn’t be happier. Figuring out how to grow and change with the industry is what drives me to exceed. Also, the time that I am allowed to spend with my clients on one of the most important days of their lives keeps me fulfilled as a human being.
I approach each project as a businesswoman, artist, wedding planner, dress buttoner, hair fixer, but most importantly, a person. I strive to convey that 100% of the time, to each and every one of my clients.
5 Interesting Facts about Me…
- I have bungee jumped before. There is nothing that compares to the feeling of free falling. Nothing.
- My favorite thing to do besides taking pictures is fishing. I love to fish. I recently learned how to fly fish. It’s not as difficult as it seems. =)
- I think I might be the only person who wouldn’t quit their job if they won the lottery. =)
- Sometimes I have an insatiable desire to tap dance- even though I have no idea how to tap.
- If I were missing, you’d probably find me at Ulta or Sephora.
Hi! I am Renee, I have always loved photography, but it wasn’t until my first child was born that something clicked & I wanted to learn how to produce the photographs I have always dreamed of. So in 2011 I quit “my day job” to pursue this passion.
I graduated with an engineering degree, so I have a very technical mind and intense attention to detail. Since making the leap into photography I have attended classes & worked with professionals to build my knowledge. I have been photographing families, children, but my all time favorite is weddings, by far. There is so much joy, emotion and celebration. It is so fulfilling to be a part of such an unforgettable day.
As a Mom to 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl), our family is always in motion. I love doing anything outdoors, hiking, biking and playing sports with my children. I also knit and have a small obsession with buying clothes for my daughter.